Monday, February 1, 2010

16 Months Old!

I finally was able to take Gavin in for his 15 months well check-up. He is 16 months old! I always tried to schedule his appointments on Mondays because that was my day off work. From now on, I'm going to be scheduling appointments when they are due, not when best works around "work." I'll MAKE it work. Anyway, Gavin is now VERY aware of where we are when we first walk into the building. He knows. He is NOT a fan. He is in tears before the doctor even makes an appearance. Poor kid.

I've learned to take some comfy attachments, a snack, and always a sippy cup. Usually we are in the waiting room a good few minutes, so I can get him calm and playing. This stool on wheels was fun to push all around!

It took his mind off his location for a few minutes.

We even went on a few rides around the room. That is, until the door opened....

Here is my big guy! He weighs in at 29 lbs 9 oz. This puts him in the 94th percentile. His length is 33 inches. (90th percentile) And his noggin is a whopping 19 3/8 inches! (97th percentile) His hat size is already 3T. I know he has tons of information up there just waiting to spill out!

He has become very curious and opens any cabinet/drawer/closet that he can. I assumed that all the cabinets in the office were locked, but naturally he finds the one that isn't. The TRASH! Yuck. Ick. Blech. Nothing like a doctors office trash bin to open.

Gavin received a new counting book all about football for his appointment. Just in time for Super Bowl. Coincidence, I think not. We read it several times already.

The actual check-up is always rough. He used to not mind them at all. But fear has taken over this little tot. He clings to me as if Dr. Jon is going to drag him away forever. I hope this is only a stage. We were able to do most of the exam from my lap. And what do we find...another ear infection! He just had one less than two months ago. Doc says that because he has had a cold and this is the time of year, that it is just a side effect and not to worry. He doesn't see tubes being necessary. It seems as if every time we go to the doctor's, it results in an ear infection diagnosis. But then again..it's always been this time of year. We will keep an eye on it. It's all over buddy. Cheer up:)

The ear infection did save Gavin from getting his shots today. However, that means that we return in two weeks. Wonderful. I will be forced to put my poor sweet boy through the stress of an office visit again. I have to keep him healthy though:) Time to go home for now. We are out of here!

No comments:

Post a Comment