Monday, March 12, 2012

Fresh Beat Band Concert

To go or not to go...

This was a dilemma I had for a few months leading up to the day.

I already had the tickets for the show. I bought them presale in November. I considered them to be a Christmas gift.We love watching the Fresh Beat Band.

Then, all of a sudden, Gavin wasn't much into them anymore. He moved on to Little Einsteins, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, and Mickey's Clubhouse. A completely different CHANNEL! Only to soon after discover that the tickets I purchased started going for more than triple what I paid for them. TRIPLE!! And the show was still two months away. It was sold out everywhere. I know, because I looked. They added in a show in Sandusky which would have been PERFECT since my brother lives there. But it sold out quickly as well. Probably would have been a challenge to get tickets and then sell the Detroit ones I had. Who knows. It's a little bit crazy how popular they have become.

We went.
And we made it to Detroit....just in time.
 Got to see the tour buses.
 And found our seats.
 Any minute now.....
 The Fresh Beat Band take the stage!

 Marina, Kiki, Shout, and Twist.
 He wasn't in a dancing mood. But he paid attention the first half.
 Then I got him the promised glow wand.
That after attaining an attitude, ended up with a chunk out of the top. I told him not to keep throwing dropping it on the  ground. But he just wouldn't listen.
 After that, he was ready to go. 
But we stayed until the end. The show was about an hour and half.
It was full of songs and LOTS of little kids (mostly girls) dancing in the their seats, the aisles, and down in front.
 Soon as I gave up and slid my camera back into my bag, they launched confetti out.
Naturally that got Gavin's attention again....for a minute.
 As an encore, they threw out 4 huge beach balls.
 Yes, I got to hit one.
Gavin didn't. He cried.
But he was pretty much whining about everything at this moment.
He conked out immediately once the car hit the freeway.

Thanks for coming to town, Fresh Beats.
Gavin wasn't quite ready for a dance show.
Or perhaps he wasn't in the mood (past nap time, long car ride and no lunch) or maybe dance shows just aren't his thing.
Once home he talked about all the fun he had and that FBB is his favorite. Say what?? Had me fooled with that attitude, kiddo.

Overall....
They really did put on a great show for kids! Cute and simple.

Tomorrow......Monster Jam 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment