Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy 93rd, Grandpa!

,
Shots and beers at noon.
No Krupnikas this time, but plenty of Crown Royal Reserve was consumed.
Lots of talk about wiener. Wiener schnitzel that is.
Conversations in Cleveland never lack for entertainment. Never.

Fun times.
Belly flops.
Some strange high pitched random noise.
Cocktail shrimp.
RIBS!
Lederhosen---it's making a comeback.
(Check for family pictures next visit.
Should be interesting.  HA!)

I learned a few new words.
And it just dawned on me that I don't recall listening to any polkas!?!
 However, before leaving everyone belted out edelweiss.
You just had to be there to understand any of this.

 Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever.

Happy 93rd birthday, Papa Joe!!

See you again soon :)
Always need a cousin picture.
(Always recall that Gavin and Kate share a birthday! Going to be 4 this month)

No comments:

Post a Comment