Saturday, August 4, 2012

Wood County Fair

Would you believe I have a FOURTH weekend off in a row?!
But I was called back next week, so we are going to LIVE IT UP this weekend :)

Friday night after work we hit up the fair. Long day at work, 95 degree weather, no nap at school, then fair.
It wasn't too bad--just a few minor meltdowns...such as, being told No to popcorn, therefore throwing oneself on the ground, Running ahead in large rowds of people and getting in trouble, Being scared of little rides (had to be from being tired-because he has ridden much bigger), getting swindled by a game player (I hope that man can sleep at night suckering a 3 year old and making him cry).

Here's the pics:
Look at that excitement!
Cheer up, Charlie! We are here finally!
This year we parked in the back entrance by the campers so we could check out the animals before passing by all the food and rides.

Who knew we should have brought the headphones for the chickens and roosters :)
I don't think you were supposed to touch the bunnies...but they both got a few pets in :/
I wouldn't put it past him to go under a rope had I not been right behind him...
I mean, he wouldn't listen AT ALL, when I yelled at him to stop jumping over horse dung!
I was fully prepared to drag him by his ears to the car if he landed in it.
I was NOT going to get it on me if he lacked distance or height in his Olympic jumping.
Maybe next year, kid.
I'm not paying $4 to watch you fall on your head immediately.
LOVE IT!
They wanted to walk ahead.
Rule was they could if they stayed together :)
Beating the heat with some juice boxes.
Always cool to pet a baby calf.
Ride time!!
Food was a loss. Kids had no interest.

And look who snuck up on us! 
It's been waaaay too long, Tracy.
 Her little man is up in the engine with Gavin and Pressly!

Little Mr. B wanted to go ride the firetruck, and Gavin and Pressly wanted to ride the strawberries, so as fast as we ran into each other, we parted ways again.

Hopefully a park date will work out before the season changes.
Then they rode the elephants and fish a few times.

Slapping hands!

Finally a game on the way out. 
Gavin won this ball last year and it has survived the entire year. 
I was easily persuaded to play a game that would win him another one.
Play til you win games....best ever!
The husslers that make 3 year old children cry because you lied to them and they don't understand?!
I hope you sleep at night.
(They made Mommy pretty mad too--don't hustle a toddler. I won't buy into that again.)

These two were able to leave with their prizes.
And get happy meals on the way home.
The fact he didn't go to bed until 11PM had nothing to do with him sleeping in until 10:15 this morning!
I couldn't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment