Wednesday, July 28, 2010

18-month well check-up...

...so what if he is 22 months old.


Well-check-ups have been off ever since 15 months due to ear infections. But we are finally almost back on track. He will get his 2-year vaccines at 25 months and then will be all set. Then we will be at yearly check-ups, which is as exciting to me as I'm sure it is to Gavin. Today we saw a different doctor because his usual doctor was booked until September. This is mostly my fault for not scheduling it months in advance as I used to do. But I wasn't about to let him get any more off track than he already is with vaccines. Dr. Fisher was super nice and we really liked her. Gavin still cried, but that has become normal at the office. 

Gavin is still a hefty kid. He weighed in at 35 lbs and is 35 inches. That translates to off the chart for weight and 90th percentile for height. His head you ask? It's a record 20 1/4 and puts him in the 97th percentile. So he is proportionately BIG in all aspects. I had thought all his running and swimming and jumping would have thinned him out a bit this summer, but it's not the case. He is still growing quickly. He has been eating less too. No worries, he isn't starving, he just prefers to run and play. We have sit down breakfasts and dinners, but lunch gets away from us sometimes in the afternoon as we have been busy, busy, busy. Yes, I do feed him lunch everyday, it's just not always at the same time, or as balanced as "super-mom" might feed her kids. He has great reports from daycare that he eats all or most of his food there, so I'm not concerned.

I attempted to make a list of all the new words Gavin is saying, but there is way too many! He is a chatter box! I guarantee there are over one hundred understandable words. He has even started to link two words together to communicate with us. I can't even begin to tell you about what he understands. EVERYTHING is my guess. He understands and follows simple instructions very well. And yes, he is still sleeping through the night (usually 11-12 hours) and averages a two hour nap every afternoon. 

I plan a more detailed update at 2 years, but thought I'd share a few things now after his appointment.

*side note* Our computer lost the ability to connect with the Internet about a month ago and finances haven't allowed us to fix it, so Tim dug out of the basement our really old computer to hook up in the meantime. That being said, ALL my pictures for the last month or so are on the other computer.....bare with me as I find means and time to get them off and bring this blog up to speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment