Monday, October 22, 2012

Carving with Cousins

I must say I was looking forward to today since last week. 
The weather was gorgeous. 
Right up until I was driving home from work and the rain started coming down. 
We can carve pumpkins inside, right? 
What's a few guts and seeds gonna hurt??
Back in the day I used to end up with them smeared on my face...this is going to be a cake walk.

 Mommy cut the top off.
 Corey and Adam cut their own off this year...for the first time, I was told.
Good job, guys!
 It blew my mind that G even stuck his hand in there. He still doesn't like his hands "dirty."
It didn't last long until Mommy was gutting the pumpkin--Like a Champ!
 Look how neat it was!
Cut up a garbage bag and taped it down over the table. 
Put a large bowl in the middle for guts. 
Sublime.
 Ready to fashion some faces?
 Let's do it!
 I drew exactly what Gavin wanted. I had to wipe off twice and start over to meet his specifications.
A Happy Pumpkin it was going to be.
 Believe it or not. Super G carved the entire thing himself. I merely put the knife in to get him started. (I, also adjusted the knife at corners, but that is all.)
 Such focus.
 The cousins finished and were playing and eating candy...but not Gavin.
He wanted to finish it. And he was going to do it unassisted.
You are super, you big 4 year old!
 Just ONE picture for me? Please?
 I'll take it.
 Thanks for driving down, Laura, Corey, Adam and Jasper!
We look forward to many more dates.
Quite the novice to the new phone camera, but I believe it adds that special Thriller touch to the Halloween themed evening, don't you agree. Nah. It's just scary looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment