Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Rossford Halloween Parade

My favorite parade of the year. I've been going since I was a wee one.
Actually when I was close to Gavin's age, I was IN the parade every year with Owens.
Owens drove an old firetruck through town, and I was privileged to ride on the back and throw candy to the crowd.

Nearly 30 years later, I still love it, but with a new appreciation.
My neighbor Wade and I talked about making a float one year...Maybe next year??
He's really creative! I need to go speak with him.

While this year we didn't bring friends with us, it was perfect because we ended up landing a spot right next to one of Gavin's best buddies!
Rumbling with Grandpa before the parade begins.
Kyle has the picture face down pat.
Thanks for spotting us, Wade. And giving the boys a full size candy bar BEFORE the parade starts.
 
Parade time!
The favorite came first...
Did you actually question what it would be?
There is really no need for trick or treat after attending this parade.
It did look a little like rain....Sandy, the super storm, isn't due to hit until tomorrow though.
These cars are always fun to watch. Always.
Been cooler if they were passing out pizza. Or even coupons.
We like pizza.
Another great outing. Much less crowded than last couple years...the cold maybe? Who knows. More candy for these guys, I guess :) I'm not complaining.
Until next year, Rossford. Keep up the great work.

No comments:

Post a Comment