Friday, March 19, 2010

At the park

I beat the boys home from work today! I was so excited that I got changed out of my dress clothes and was ready to go to the park as soon as they got home. (it was only about 15 minutes after me) But I've never beaten them home when working. Let alone with some beautiful weather and hours left of daylight! We headed down the street to one of the local elementary school playgrounds. We first headed to the back playground, but there were big kids jumping all over it and acting inappropriate. These kids were well over elementary age. They didn't even get out of the tunnel slide to let Gavin go down. One couple was snuggled in the tunnel with blankets and another was jumping crazily on the bridge shaking all the equipment. I was afraid to let Gavin near as the "suspension" bridge was jerking all around and these "kids" had no regard for a small child's safety. I was somewhat disturbed by the minors, but quickly realized that it would be better for us all if we just headed up to the front play area. This area is smaller and enclosed with a fence. Gavin ran circles around the sidewalk smiling away! This side was muuuuch better! After some running he decided to check out the slide. Sure are some steep steps there kiddo! (maybe mommy will help you up)
This next picture makes me chuckle because I can't stop thinking about how he sat at the top of the slide and then turned around the same way he goes down the steps. This is not how we use the slide Gavin...but whatever makes you comfortable:)
Yes, I let him win.
We jumped on the suspension bridge quick while the big kids stepped off. Gavin wasn't impressed with it.
Coming out...
and then going in again. Over and over and over again.
There isn't any toddler swings at the school...naturally, but someone really wanted to go for a swing.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I'm coming to get you Daddy!
He was running and running!
Run Forest Run! I won't be able to keep up soon! He has this tendency to stick his head out when he runs more often than not. Nope, can't explain it. He just does it. This picture is perfect!Peace!
My favorite of the week! Click on it. You'll love it!
Peek-a-boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment