Sunday, March 28, 2010

March Madness at home!

This is the first year in I don't even know how many, that I have not paid any attention to basketball. Why you ask?? Because 1) I no longer work at the bar and forced to see it on every TV screen, and 2) I didn't have the pleasure of completing a bracket to where I could win anything. I stress pleasure because I don't know a thing about basketball or teams and always filled them out based on colors, mascots, places I've heard of, or know someone from that area. I think my former boss just wanted my money, but it was always a conversation starter with my patrons that would get me to participate. I always was a contender to win the whole thing too....but never did. I came in second once or twice and I was happy with that. It was, after all, just for fun.

So this year, I felt the need to get some basketball going in my house. I just don't think it would be March without some hoops. So Tim went out and picked up this neat hoop from Fisher Price. It has the "cheating" rim on it right now, but it just pops off to become a normal hoop. It also has 4 height adjustments up to 4 feet. Perfect for a toddler and into the preschool years. Even better, it can be used indoors and out. The ball that came with it was great....however, it only lasted about an hour before the dogs wanted to play too. Bye bye ball. So we now use whatever ball we have close by to play. It's the concept of the game anyway.

We started with the lowest height, but realized quickly that it was too easy and had to go up to the second level. Now he has to at least raise his arms to get the ball in!

 Slam Dunk!




 It's great when he makes a basket! He gets excited and we all clap and cheer. Sometimes he even does a little "dance." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment