Sunday, September 4, 2011

Just a Saturday morning at the zoo

I figured it's been awhile since we had been to the zoo, so that is exactly what we did today!
We were also lucky to have Grandma join us :)
 Good thing too, because I forgot to bring my baggie of pennies for the fountain ;)
Here he is tossing them in and making lots of wishes!
But actually, if you ask me, he's making the same wish over and over...
The Toledo Zoo is home to not one, but two baby animals this summer.
This is Lucas.
Of all our times at the zoo, I don't ever recall seeing the otter so active.
Or seeing the otter at all, to be honest.
Gavin was our tour guide.
He referred to his "diary" every step of the way.
(I don't know where he learned the word diary, or why he kept calling the map a diary, but we went with it)
And we saw everything his diary said that we should see.
Hippos are huge.
This way to the monkeys, guys!
Who were also very active.
 Lunch time!
Necessary photo on stone statue.

Walking back across the bridge we encountered this fella. Are little lizards native to the Toledo Zoo? Because I've never seen a lizard in my backyard. Or anywhere outside in the Wood or Lucas county area.
But here he was, just chillin' on the wall.
The other new addition, Tuli.

Nothing exciting today, but we had a very enjoyable morning.
Just me, Gavin and mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment