Sunday, June 26, 2011

He's never even *heard* of Grand Theft Auto

Yet here he is. Running over bodies in the driveway.
Kinda looks like he's missing a neck....and most of his head. He might have lead in his feet too. Can't say for certain.  :/
Oh, forget it. I couldn't possibly compare the fun we were having to a vicious video game. 

We finally brought out the big ol' bucket of sidewalk chalk!

I was having Gavin draw me a few things, such as circles, triangles, various shapes, and what have you, until he decided he wanted to draw Daddy. Of course. When Daddy is home, it's ALL about Daaaaaddy. (and as it should be, but dang, I hate turning invisible) We tried drawing Daddy, but we couldn't get it quite right. Recall Gavin's first portrait of his father? So I asked Gavin to lay down and I would trace him. This would give us a good body to start working with. Turns out, he thought this was simply amazing. "Again, again," he would say each time he stood up to admire his chalky outline on the blacktop.

I had to call Daddy from his weed-pulling to come take over so I could go get the camera. (WHY would I stop him from pulling weeds. I sure don't want to pull them. {sigh})

But I was able to capture the joy Gavin was getting from being traced on the ground.

The weeds will grow back anyway, right?! 
Might as well pull them in sections so they grow back in sections. See? I'm thinking!
After running them (the bodies) over a few times (which he did because we asked him to bring his car back to the garage, not because he is planning anything to get him on the news)
He found great entertainment in playing body hopscotch.
Luckily, before things got too disturbing, drawing trucks became the focus.
Obviously, Gavin would be the driver.
To know Gavin, is to know that everything is "A Big One."
So a big truck was drawn.
This was also the first time I didn't want him to touch ANYTHING on his way inside. Straight to the tub. He was a very chalky mess.
I've come across a recipe for homemade sidewalk paint, and sizzling sidewalk paint. Looking very forward to trying them out SOON!
No worries. I'll post "recipes" with the posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment