Tuesday, June 7, 2011

From Mom

Dear G,

Last night when I pulled all your bedding, including your blankie and bear out of the dryer, I noticed bear had fallen victim to the heat. But because it was late and bedtime was imminent, I kept quiet and tucked you both in for the night.

This morning, after apparently you and bear had some rumbling through the night, Bear's injury was extremely prominent. His poor paw was exploding with stuffing.

Mind you, I can barely sew a button on my pants. Even when I can do that successfully, it's short term. I never took Home Economics, and it shows. But I knew this morning what I had to do.

I found the one needle and bit of thread we have in the house (courtesy of grandma) and I went to work with the bulging hole that had seared edges, jagged strips of fur, and fluff flailing. 

It may not be pretty, but Bear is whole again.

You are over 2 and a half years old which means I have been your mother for over 2 and a half years.

I have never felt more like a mommy than I did this morning.

I love you!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment