Sunday, February 12, 2012

Heart Explosion!

While my attempt at an "explosion" of a craft failed. 
A little boys heart exploded with happiness to try it with his Daddy :)

Once again I cut out a heart with Con-tact paper.
Next step was to paint the entire paper with glue.
 Next we filled these little brown bags I had in a drawer I saved from somewhere with punched holes. 
(knowing someday they would be perfect)
 Let me add that Gavin and I spent one evening punching holes. Then I punched some more at work out of some sweet hot pink post-its.
Daddy blew up the bags and Gavin went in for a swing....
But these poor little bags must have slits in the bottom because they wouldn't hold the air to give us the dot explosion I was aiming for :(
 Soooo, we just dumped them and shook them out.
 
 Genius.
Glad I got a Dyson for Christmas.
 Our happy heart explosion.
(sadly, much of the modge podge dried amidst attempts to "pop" the little brown bags.)

No comments:

Post a Comment