Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's for school

I went with practical versus sweet this year for Gavin's class Valentines.
I remember Valentine's Day as a kid being so much fun, especially all the great goodies that we got during our class Valentine's Day party. I look forward to future years of creating a special Valentine box! Now, while I didn't go with sugar this year, I did go with a favorite thing.

Play-Doh.

I saw a 24-pack of regular sized Pay-Doh on sale at Target for 12 bucks and I grabbed it!

We copied a template and added Gavin's name to create 2-inch round circles.
They had to be 2-inch because that is what size hole punch I have. They also fit the tops of regular sized play-doh cups perfectly!
Gavin picked out a special color for everyone in his class.
But at the end of the day, I didn't attach names to them.
He can pass them out on his own....and change his mind if he will.
Aren't they cute!!
Real cute, isn't he?
I asked him for one picture with his valentines.
A little better...
And turns out the best I was going to get.

He can't wait to get to school today!
(Many schools in the area were closed today due to snow.
His shirt choice was completely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment