Sunday, May 9, 2010

Free for Moms!

The Toledo Zoo had a special today admitting any mom with her kids to get in FREE today! Yay! We took my mom too:) We also picked up a zoo membership so we can start going all the time! I'm so looking forward to it. There is so much to see at the zoo that it's nice to just go and look at one area per visit. Keeps it relaxing that way..AND if it's too crowded, we can just leave and come back another day. I'm really not big into crowds. In fact, they can really irritate me. I know, I know...I need to get over it.

We arrived late morning and went straight to Nature's Neighborhood. I've been meaning to check it out for quite some time now. It's fantastic!
On the way in Gavin ROARED like a tiger for us. We didn't tell him it's actually a cheetah.
These pictures have absolutely no rhyme or reason to them or the order they are in. These are just a few of the better ones from this morning.
Coming down the slide in Nature's Neighborhood.
One squawky bird!
What could we find in the bottom of a tree?
I attempted to put the bee costume/pullover on him but he had nothing to do with it.
He was in the mood to climb and explore.
His face in this one makes me laugh  :p
Icky spiders in here. *shiver*
Look Mom, these ants are smaller than the ones we had in our house last week.....
(we had some mutant ants for a few days....honestly, they were HUGE)

Daddy helped get a closer view.
I think this is the exhibit Gavin was most interested in today. He wanted to keep watching. Maybe because the seals kept swimming right by him....or perhaps that he could see them at his level. I'm actually hoping to go back tomorrow. We will see. Remember that crowd thing...tomorrow is Monday, and Lucas County residents get in free on Mondays. Sounds busy. Maybe if I get there soon as they open..... we will see.
Happy Mother's Day!
Believe it or not, this is the only picture I got today of him and I together :(

No comments:

Post a Comment