Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fleitz Pumpkin Farm

Saturday was another unusually beautiful day and we took full advantage of it. We got up and headed to check out all the hype about Fleitz Pumpkin Farm. While I can't say I was completely impressed, it was a lot of fun. I think all the hype had my expectations soaring. Not sure what I expected really...this place had more than enough to do. There was hay and corn mazes, a hayride, a barn full  of activities for the wee ones, goats and chickens to feed, a cool photo-op set-up, pumpkins, squash and corn galore...and food! I really should have been more impressed. Maybe it was just me, and the idea that I knew I had to go to work later. We had picked up Nessa and Pressly and went together this morning.

Gavin and Pressly couldn't get enough of touching all the pumpkins and other decorations, as well as, riding the many toys set up in the barn. Gavin just loved running around...everywhere!
I think they are checking you out too, Gavin.
 
The "under 6" hay maze. Gavin wouldn't go under the covered areas. But he sprinted through it over and
over.
 
You bet he found the slide!
 
This was a favorite to jump on. Again, both kids were learning taking turns and patience this morning. 
We ventured through the free corn maze. There was also a one-acre maze
and a five-acre maze to attempt.
  
The hayride took us out through the cornfields where they had spiders to watch out for and a pumpkin grave
yard. 
 
This is the best I could get from Gavin to stand by the measuring stick. I know he is 35 1/2 inches. Looks like
3 feet if he would have stood up straight.
 
"Look mom!" I found some hay!
 
These sure are some big pumpkins. And for seventy bucks, they can stay there and keep looking lovely. What does one do with a very large, very expensive pumpkin?? 
I guess this is my answer :)
 
A lunch of hotdogs and cider was a nice end to our morning.  
I can definitely see us returning next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment