Friday, October 15, 2010

A llama in pajamas??

.....only down by the bay!

We got a new felt board story this week! Yay! The felt board has become part of our nightly routine, and this rhyme has quickly soared to the favorites. While he can't quite sing the tune yet, he puts the pieces up as I sing. Sometimes he even sings back, kinda like we are singing in a round. Can't understand him, but he has the right intonations.

♫ Everybody Sing ♫

♪ Down by the bay...
 
♪ Where the watermelons grow...
 
♪ back to my home....I dare not go....

♪ For if I do...My mother will say...

♪ "Did you ever see a fly, wearing a tie?" Down by the bay.
 
(repeat the chorus over and over again with mother saying a different line each time.)

♪ Down by the bay...where the watermelons grow...back to my home...I dare not go...

♪ For if I do....my mother will say..

♪ "Did you ever see a bear, combing his hair?" Down by the bay.

♪ "Did you ever see a moose, kissing a goose?" Down by the bay.

♪ "Did you ever see a whale, with a polka dot tail?" Down by the bay.

♪ "Did you ever see a llama wearing (eating) pajamas?" Down by the bay.

♪ "Did you ever see an octopus, dancing with a platypus?" Down by the bay.

Now wasn't that fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment