Monday, December 21, 2009

Uh-Oh!

All day long, the words Uh-Oh were repeated and repeated and repeated. Naturally I thought it was cute and funny at first. The "uh-oh," I knocked over the stack of blocks after building a tower and "uh-oh," I need more to drink because it's all gone were fine. Then the intentional uh-ohs began. The "uh-oh" I threw my sippy cup on the floor next to my highchair on "accident" one, the "uh-oh" I threw my toys over the gate for the dogs, "uh-oh" I know I'm not supposed to open the DVD and CD drawers and empty them on the living room floor, to name a few. We were having fun with it and also working on "No" and learning how to put things back as we get them out. He is getting better at putting things back in baskets and being able to go and retrieve item/toy when we ask him.

Now for the rest of the day. I must tell you how lucky I am that Tim volunteered to run some errands after returning from seeing Santa at Bass Pro. I'll post some pics of that next. If I can stay out of stores for any reason possible this time of year, I do. Crowds make me crazy. So off Tim went to get a few things. Here come the Uh-Oh's again. Tim had to park in the farthest possible lot at Levis Commons to go find the Game Store. What a long cold walk. Then he forgot to take the number for a store at the mall to see if they had a size to exchange for us. I looked up the number at home, but impatient as he was, he had already started driving out to the mall. Naturally, the mall is a zoo, and "Uh-oh", he parks on the wrong side of the mall as to where the store is located. We have a very large mall in Toledo too. I say Uh-oh because it was Tim and not myself. I would have been beyond "uh-oh" had it been me, or I may have just went home. (the store didn't end up having the right size to exchange, what a wasted trip and headache) Uh-oh would definitely been not a strong enough phrase.

So Tim gets home. He did manage to get 5 gifts we needed to get for Christmas exchanges and at one store they even gave him an additional military discount. Bonus for his stressful shopping trip. He gets home and we realize we need laundry soap to finish up laundry before going out of town the next day. I volunteer to go, because I can see the "I've been gone all day, and I may snap" look on his face. But he just turns around and walks back out the door. I continue to play with Gavin at home. I decide he has had the TV on too long and turn it off. Uh-oh, this does not make him happy. I tell him its time to play with games and books for awhile. We keep it off until daddy gets home. His trip for laundry soap took an hour due to traffic and crowds. You would think this is as bad as the night could get, but he returns home while Gavin and I are making something in the kitchen, and I hear the dogs going crazy by the front door. Finally I pick Gavin up and come up front to see if maybe he had forgotten his key or something. We can't open the door! Not even from the inside!! (Mind you this is why we turn the TV back on for Gavin, just to keep him occupied and busy while we work on it.) We twist the lock back and forth and get nothing. It's broken in the locked position. Uh-oh. It's late and there is no where to go to fix this tonight. Tim comes in the back door and takes the knob and lock off...yep, it's broke. Although I feel bad at his misfortune, I am super glad it didn't happen when, lets say, I was coming home to empty house, or Tim was getting home with Gavin from daycare and there wasn't anyone home to open the back door. It could always be worse.

First thing in the morning, Tim ran out to buy new knob and lock set. Door was fixed before heading out of town! He got a set to replace the back door as well, so we have keys for both now.



Ok, door is fixed, lets get ready to head to Cleveland for Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment