Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Brave...or Crazy??

Crayola Paint...a One year old...and a day off of work.
This mailing tube is going to be transformed into a rain stick in a later project...but we had to decorate it first of course:)

Now why on earth would I think my one-year old would want to sit and paint a mailing tube and an art canvas when there is a KITCHEN full of white cupboards??!

Well, because maybe I am a bit crazy sometimes, and think that projects will somehow work out they way I "imagine."
Yah , right. Move the boy away from the cabinets and we have the following:





But I soon introduced some new colors and the cabinets are forgotten..for a few minutes anyway.

And for a child that wants to stand and walk along EVERYTHING, ...putting his paint in feet and walking is completely out of the question! He wanted nothing to do with standing.








A work of art!!

Now I have to explain for a moment why daddy is sitting so far in the background. It's not because he doesn't like doing activities with his son, dont get me wrong However, he wasn't in the mood for the mess or the meltdown when trying to prevent the cupboard saftey. When in actualilty, it was a VERY simple cleanup. I'd do it all over again anytime.
So why does Gavin have a blue streak out of his right lip...well, because he thought he might try and eat the sponge brush of course. Kids will be kids. When we said no, I think it startled him more than anything. Just a streak on the face. After that he just smeared it all over his legs and the floor. Heaven forbid he paint the canvas.
So now that Picasso has completed his painting, who, but mommy would dare pick him up. My little colorful wonder:)



A plop in the tub removed every trace of paint. No washcloth necessary. It seriously just vanished in the water. AMAZING! So while there was a slight breakdown in the middle of our painting fun...I would do it again in a heartbeat!...next time with more newspaper down.

No comments:

Post a Comment