Friday, November 13, 2009

Emotional Week......

So I have to admit that this week was truely exhausting for me. When I say exhausting, I mean, utter and complete despair at some moments. I can't explain it. Some days, I would wake up ready to go and happy, and then lose it half way through the day. Other days, I woke up in near tears. I did do my fair share of crying this week as well. I think maybe I'm just completely overwhelmed with trying to take care of everything. Yet, I don't feel like I am taking care of anything!

Everyday I work, my wonderful mom picks Gavin up from daycare until I can pick him up. They have a great time together. While she doesn't live that far away from me, it's the extra time everyday to pick him up that puts me home later everynight. The time change to where it is dark before I even leave work gives the feeling of even later. I am sooooo excited and relieved that Tim has been released from the doctor to return to work this coming week!! It's all the little things you take for granted that hit you like a ton of bricks when they aren't there anymore. Examples of little things is the ability to give Gavin a bath before 8:00p.m., having a morning and nightly routine, and the ability to make dinner and eat together. One thing I will miss is the 30 minutes extra sleep in the morning I have been able to enjoy the last two months.

I've also been working extra shifts the past two months while one coworker was on maternity, and another got married and went on her honeymoon. Both are wonderful occasions and I knew months and months in advance that I would cover them....what I hadn't planned on, was Tim having knee surgery, being off work, and the extra bills accumulating. I thought I was going to be bringing in "extra" money. As if there is really a such thing as "extra."

Both coworkers are back to work, and I am looking forward to this first weekend off! We don't have any plans other than I am getting my haircut, and I hope to just hang out together as a family. I feel I haven't spent enough quality time at home in awhile.

Another positive event coming up is Tim will be finishing up his LAST math class for his program! Tim is not keen on math. In fact, I spend more time on it than he does some days. Don't misunderstand, I'm not taking the class for him. I am going through the study guides and practice problems to refresh my memory (being I took these classes about ten years ago) and then "tutoring" him on how to complete the homework and tests. It's been going really well until this last chapter. I haven't had the energy to figure them out. I don't recall this type, and well....this test might not go so well. Only one chapter left. Wish him luck.

We've also been starting to receive ALL the medical bills from his surgery....some even TWICE! You have to love when offices and insurance companies make mistakes and send two bills, for the SAME THING! Because trust me, there are plenty of bills as it is after surgery! I'm just glad we caught it and had it taken care of quickly.

I've learned this week that is the most unlikely of people that are there to lift your spirits when you're down. People grow, friends change. It doesn't mean friends become better or worse, it is merely that we grow and change and we develop our own and new sense of life, family and priorites....nothing more or less. I treasure all my friends. Even those that I have lost touch with. Someday we will cross paths again.

Today was a long day after a long week. Not to mention it is the infamous Friday the 13th. I arrived home from work to find my baby boy already bathed and in his jammies! I couldn't have asked for more. There is nothing that could cure the worst of days better than a little boy, standing knee high, smiling at you as you walk in the door. I love you Gavin. I can't wait to spend this weekend, work-free, with you!! (and daddy too)


No comments:

Post a Comment