Saturday, November 14, 2009

A brighter day!

Today was a great day...and not a minute too soon!

I woke up this morning to Tim already feeding Gavin breakfast. He had let me sleep in!! I'll take every extra twenty minutes that I can steal! I met my mom for a haircut and shopping after lunch. I decided to stop highlighting my hair and have it colored to my natural hair color. It is DARK! Tim says he likes it, so maybe in a day or two and several washes, I'll love it! I did the same thing last year.

After our hair was cut and dried we headed over to my favorite store for some shopping...Kohls! My mom is the BEST! We shopped a bunch for Gavin, and then I picked out some new shoes for work and a pair for everyday wear. I must remind those that didn't already know, that my shoe size went up not one, but two sizes after Gavin. So needless to say, I have no shoes, and the ones I have been wearing to work are a half size too small. No wonder my feet ache and I get more irritable at the end of the shift. LOL. I never went to replace many of my shoes this past year, in hopes that MAYBE my feet would return to the old size. I've now accepted that they are not, and my girlfriend welcomed many of new shoes to her closet:)

I also got some new jeans and sweaters! I can't wait to have somewhere to go! I'm really excited about new clothes:) The majority of my wardrobe has Fricker's somewhere on it. Most of my other clothes double as sleepwear. Again, I haven't bought a ton of clothes this past year, because I had hopes to have returned to my prepregnancy wardrobe. No such luck.

I did have luck when I returned home to a little boy fresh from his afternoon nap. Fun!
I almost thought he was going to take off walking here....but he just stood there thinking about it for awhile. Then decided against it. We have been able to coax him into 2-3 steps at a time with animal crackers. I know, that's horrible. But we do it. Not often, but we do.

Then we decided to go and mess with the dogs. Chance hates it. He doesn't like being in the kitchen when we are having fun. We let him out here shortly:)
Does anyone see where Gavin went?? This lion keeps looking at me, maybe he knows. We love our animal and silly face cards!



Oh, I must not forget the blocks we picked up today. Gavin is into stacking things lately. He also likes to put things into containers. I learned today what Gavin likes more than stacking things....
He LOVES knocking the tower down. He gets the biggest, cheesiest grin and darts across the room to wipe it out. Ah, the joy of destruction in a little boy's world:)

Now what would put a perfect end to a wonderful day?? PIZZA!
This hungry guy ate two pieces! Yes, we just put a piece on his tray and let him go to town. He loved it. Daddy is going to have some competition in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment