Friday, October 21, 2011

A bear-y good evening

Although, ANY evening that ends with THIS smile, is a good one.
Tonight's dinner was discovered from Taste of Home.
It's very simple.
Buttermilk biscuits, pepperoni, shredded mozzarella and whatever veggies you might have to create a face.
A side of warm pizza sauce for dipping makes them extra delicious!
Lay out your biscuits. Cut one up and form balls for the ears. Pinch them on.
(I bought a 5 pack of refrigerated biscuits. Used three for heads and cut the other two into quarters. Yes, I had two little pieces left over.  I didn't waste them, I baked them along side of the bears)
Pepperoni on the ears.
 What a creative idea, right? I thought so.
We used black olives for the eyes and nose and green pepper for the mouth.
I sprinkled some fur (cheese) on their cheeks and head and popped them in the oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Gavin invited his friends while we waited for them to bake.
Left to right is Bear, Panda, and Brown Bear.
His creativity when naming them completely blows my mind!
Next time, I will lean towards the 15 minutes to not brown the cheese so much.
Bears for dinner?! What fun, Mommy!
And we are having a picnic! And I get chocolate milk!
A bear-y good evening, for sure!
But no need to feed the bears kiddo, they are stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment