Friday, October 28, 2011

It was a Monster Mash

Grandpa thought Monsters, Inc was a great flick for Gavin to start watching the other day. Then we drove home after dark. The monsters come out at dark. It was a fun night. Monsters, Inc is a great, NOT scary movie...so I thought. But we are entering a monster phase. Appropriate with the holiday, but nevertheless, tough at bedtime. We also read one of my favorite childhood books, There's a nightmare in my closet. I thought seeing the monster cry and then sleep with the little boy would help....it did. Kinda.
So the next day we made our very own monsters!
FUN, COLORFUL, HAPPY Monsters!
This is just a sampling. We ended up making thirteen  lucky monsters.





My wiggle eye jar has been dangerously depleted.
I still don't trust him with the glue bottle. So he told me where he needed it, and I squeezed some on. Other than that, these monsters were all created by Gavin.




 Looks like I spend A LOT of time cutting foam out doesn't it?? Trust me, I didn't. Nothing is even. Circles are all different sizes. Squares, triangles, squiggles, etc. You can't go wrong with monsters. I sat on the couch and watched an episode of Desperate Housewives ON DEMAND that I missed the other night due to falling asleep early. An hour of cutting = HOURS of fun :)
Along with a second glow man at bedtime, these monsters have done the trick!
(picture of closet door protected by monsters, coming soon)

**I don't remember the reason for buying the jumbo pack of foam pieces, but I knew I did it for a reason. It was cheaper to buy in bulk than it was for a few pieces. Same for the wiggly eyes.**

Who is the crazy one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment